Frequently Asked Questions
About Find a Marijuana Doctor
What is FindaMarijuanaDoctor?
FindaMarijuanaDoctor recognizes that that are demonstrated therapeutic uses for marijuana and cannabinoids in general, and while medical use of marijuana becomes more common place, there are a subset of medical doctors who are intimately familiar with the therapeutic effects and indications of cannabinoids; our goal is to easily match medical doctors and patients together in a efficient and seamless way, and threby creating a better healthcare experience. With FindaMarijuanaDoctor, you can find the right doctor for you book appointments instantly. You can also make informed choices by reviewing what other patients have said about the doctor.
Is FindaMarijuanaDoctor a healthcare provider?
No, we do not offer medical services of any kind. We're just a aggregator of information and marketplace that connects doctors and patients.
Can I use FindaMarijuanaDoctor to book appointments with any doctor in the US?
No, we specialize in doctors that have demonstrated an interest or are actively engaged in using marijuana and cannabinoids for therapeutic use, however on our site you may also find doctors that do not yet focus on dispense marijuana. Are you a doctor who would like to join FindaMarijuanaDoctor? Click here.
Is FindaMarijuanaDoctor available in my area? If not, when will it be?
FindaMarijuanaDoctor is a new service. We are adding doctors all the time, in some areas doctor participation may be spotty or totally lacking, but check back frequently as we are working hard to contact doctors and inviting them to join our community.
Is FindaMarijuanaDoctor free for patients?
Finding doctors, is 100 percent free for patients! We want to make it as easy as possible for you to get the care you need.
Please note that our services are completely separate from any costs you may have associated with visiting the doctor, such as insurance copays. If you're not sure how much a doctor visit will cost, we encourage you to check with your healthcare provider or your insurance company.
How much will my doctor visit cost?
That's a great question to discuss directly with your healthcare provider or insurance company! If you have any questions regarding the cost of your medical care, we encourage you to give them a call.
How does FindaMarijuanaDoctor make money?
The healthcare providers who partner with us may pay a subscription fee for our service. We help providers increase the efficiency of their practices, fill their last-minute cancellations, and introduce new patients with specific needs and wants.
Is FindaMarijuanaDoctor available in other languages?
No, we are only available in English.
Is FindaMarijuanaDoctor available in other countries?
Not yet. We're currently lfocused on expanding our service across the entire United States; of course with a focus on those state that have legalized medical marijuana and or CBD (cannabidiol).
I love FindaMarijuanaDoctor – how can I spread the word?
If you want to get involved, connect with us on our social channels, such as Twitter and Facebook and feel free to share your feelings and on your own social network accounts and among your family and friends. Are you a journalist interested in covering us? Head over to our Press page. We'd love to hear from you!
Is FindaMarijuanaDoctor hiring?
Always! If you believe a better healthcare experience starts with the patient – and you want to be a part of the smartest, friendliest team you've ever met – check out our careers page.
Making an Appointment Using FindaMarijuanaDoctor
How do I make an appointment?
It's easy! Just go to the homepage and choose the type of doctor you'd like to see, plus your insurance and location. We'll show you a bunch of different healthcare providers who may meet your needs. You can see doctors’ available times, qualifications, office photographs, and verified reviews from other patients. Just click on an appointment time you'd like and follow the quick prompts to book your appointment in minutes.
How do I know which doctor to choose?
Only you can select the right doctor for your particular needs. That's why we give you so much information! When you're choosing a doctor, you should look at his or her professional statement, education, background, and verified reviews from other patients. Don't forget to leave a review after your appointment so you can help other patients find the right doctor!
What insurance plan do I have?
Your insurance plan information can be found right on your insurance card. If you have any questions regarding your plan, we encourage you to call your insurance company.
How do I know if a doctor participates in my insurance?
To find doctors who participate in your insurance plan, just go to the search page and enter your insurance information. If your insurance logo appears next to a doctor, that doctor is in your network! If you see the words “Out of Network,” that doctor doesn't participate in your insurance.
I'm not sure which visit reason to choose. What should I do?
It's okay if you don't see an option that's exactly right. Just select the one that best matches your reason for needing a doctor. If you want to tell your doctor more, you can leave a personal note for him or her on the next page. Looking for a physician who performs a specific procedure? Start your search here.
How do I know that my appointment has really been booked?
If you've reached a page that says, "Your appointment is booked," then rest assured – you're all set! Soon you'll receive an email from FindaMarijuanadoctor with helpful details about your upcoming appointment.
What if my appointment is cancelled or rescheduled by the doctor's office?
Sometimes a doctor has a last-minute emergency. In these rare cases, we'll email you as soon as possible to let you know about the scheduling change, help you find a new appointment time, and do our best to make up for the inconvenience.
Can I call FindaMarijuanaDoctor to book my appointments over the phone?
No, Our service was built so you don’t have to book appointments over the phone.
Where can I find the doctor's phone number?
After you book your appointment online, you will receive an email from that includes your doctor's phone number, address, and other information.
My FindaMarijuanaDoctor Account
How do I sign in?
Simply click here and enter your email address and password. If you're a new patient, click "Join Now" to create your account.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule an appointment?
Simply sign in to your account to change your scheduled appointments. But please note that cancelling or rescheduling too many appointments may result in your account being locked. This policy ensures that doctors' calendars stay accurate and trustworthy for the other patients who depend on them.
It says my account is locked. How do I unlock it?
If this happens to you, please send us an email at_______
I forgot my password – how can I reset it?
Easy – just click here to reset it!
How do I see my past doctors and past appointments?
Just sign into your account, click on your name, and select "Past Appointments" or "Medical Team."
Can I trust FindaMarijuanaDoctor with my information?
How are FindaMarijuanaDoctor's reviews different?
There are two unique factors to consider:
- We use a closed-loop system: There’s a huge difference between open-loop and closed-loop review systems. On an open-loop system, reviews can be written by anyone – even by the doctors themselves! We use a closed-loop system, which means every comment is written by a verified patient who has actually seen the doctor. This system ensures that we enable reviews that are fair, trustworthy, and accurate.
- We get representative feedback: We asks for patient feedback after every single appointment that takes place, which creates a higher volume of reviews. This means it’s not just the extremely happy/unhappy outliers taking the time to leave a review, and it ensures you have a ton of useful patient feedback (good, bad, and indifferent) to help you find the right doctor.
How do I leave a review of my doctor?
After you attend an appointment, you’ll receive an email from us asking for feedback. Just follow that link to review your doctor! You don’t need to wait for the email, though. You can always sign into your account and click "Leave Feedback" for any healthcare provider on your medical team.
Do you only post positive reviews?
Absolutely not! We want to create a useful, representative, and reliable resource that you can depend on. That means we post positive reviews, negative reviews, and everything in between.
Does FindaMarijuanaDoctor moderate these reviews?
Yes, we have an entire team dedicated to ensuring that all reviews are in compliance with our guidelines (more on this right below!).
Are there instances in which a review may not be posted?
We’ll publish any review that adheres to our guidelines! Just make sure to avoid the following:
- Profanity: We won’t publish anything profane, vulgar, or otherwise offensive.
- Personal information: We take your privacy seriously! We won’t post reviews that include personally identifiable information such as your full name, phone number, email address, etc.
- Pricing specifics: It’s fine to state your opinion of whether a doctor’s service came at a good price, but we won’t publish pricing specifics. These comments tend to reflect more on insurance providers than physicians.
- Accuracy of treatment or diagnosis: We encourage you to describe your feelings about the doctor’s treatment of you as a patient. However, we don’t publish claims about the accuracy of a practitioner’s treatment and diagnosis, because they are factual matters for which we are unable to verify.
- Promotional content: We want our reviews to be as relevant as possible, so we don’t post reviews that promote an unrelated website, product, topic, or other item that is unrelated to the patient experience.
Why do you moderate your reviews so carefully?
We care about you, and we want you to have the great healthcare experience you deserve! We moderate our reviews to ensure that we’re building a trustworthy, representative, reliable review system which is helpful to doctors and patients alike.
I submitted a review. Why hasn't it been posted yet?
A real, live person moderates our reviews, so it can sometimes take up to a day. Thanks for being patient! Keep in mind that some providers have chosen not to display their reviews. Don’t let this stop you from leaving feedback – we read each and every review, and we want to hear about your experience!
How can I leave a great review?
- Keep it relevant: Include the key points that you as a patient would be most interested in reading.
- Ask yourself: Would I see this doctor again? Answering this question in your review is one of the best ways that other patients can gauge your overall sentiment about the practitioner.
- Consider the length: A short paragraph or two works great. Just make sure it’s easy for other patients to read!
- Be specific: In addition to stating how you feel about your experience with the doctor, include why you feel that way. Specific descriptions of your experience help paint a clearer picture.
Include details: Try to include any details that you think may be useful to another patient. For example, whether or not the office validates parking, whether it is located close to public transportation, and whether or not the office accepts credit cards are all great tips for future patients!